How do you get a body you love? the answer is pretty simple; you love the body you have!
I know, I know! This is easier said than done when you’re unhappy with the way your body looks. I totally get it!
That’s why I’m going to share with you the 3 steps to help you reach your health goals, achieve your dream body and maintain it long term while loving your body every step of the way.
But first, you have to understand that the only way to get to this place is by becoming health conscious.
Becuase when you become health conscious something shifts in your awareness and you become inspired and motivated to do all the (right) things that get you results.
By the way, if you ask me, being health conscious is a necessity rather than a choice in this day and age.Not just so you can look hot in a bikini but more importantly to reduce your chances of developing the most common chronic diseases.
With obesity, heart disease, cancer and diabetes rates being at an all-time high due to mostly diet and lifestyle choices there’s never been a more urgent time to start leading a healthy lifestyle.
But if you have no clue where, when and how to kick-start your health journey, I’m going to share with you 3 steps that will help you become health conscious so you can be on your way to achieving your health goals and look and feel your best.
Before I share with you the 3 steps, first I want to share with you what being health conscious actually means because there’s a lot of misconception around the idea. Here is a list of things that being health conscious is NOT about:
- It’s not about following trendy, fad or extreme diets. In fact, it’s not even about dieting at all!
- It’s not about eating super clean all the time. Eating clean all the time is just virtually impossible. It’s perfectly ok to have a” not so healthy” treat here and there as long as most of the time you’re eating healthy.
- It’s not about calorie restricting, counting calories and being obsessive about every calorie you eat. This is just no way to live life!
- It’s not about doing juice cleanses, master cleanses or (even worse!) water fasts. Starving yourself is NOT the way!
- It’s not about being a certain number on the scale. Never let a number on the scale define you! If you want to lose weight, shift your focus to gaining health instead of losing weight and when you’re truly healthy your body will naturally return to a healthy body weight anyway
I could go on but I’ll stop here because I’m sure you get the point. Being health conscious is about none of the things listed above because all those things are about rules, regulations, restrictions and deprivations, which all take the fun out of leading a healthy lifestyle and will turn anyone into an uptight, obsessive, miserable person!
I mean seriously, who likes doing any of the things listed above? Hello! No one!
So what is being health conscious about you ask?
In a nutshell being health conscious is about forming positive lifestyle habits and striving to be the happiest and healthiest version of yourself. With that being said below are in-depth details of the 3 ways to become more health conscious:
1.Develop a healthy relationship with your body
Having a healthy relationship with your body will motivate you to make the decision and commitment to get healthier and take care of your body. And not just to look good but because you love your body and you understand that it’s a temple and taking care of it is your duty.
Ways to develop a good relationship with your body:
- Start to appreciate your body for what it is and for all that it does for you.
- NEVER criticize your body and only speak about your body in a loving manner.
- Say out loud positive affirmation to yourself about your body every day to a build a positive body image. Affirmation work wonders at shifting limited beliefs and developing new patterns of thoughts.
2.Eat to fuel your body
Health conscious individuals have a great relationship with not just their body but also with food. They don’t view food and calories as the enemy but instead, they understand that the purpose of food is to fuel and nourish our bodies and ultimately sustain our existence.
After all, without food, the human race wouldn’t have survived for millions of years and none of us would be here right now! That’s kind of a big deal, don’t you think?!
Ways to develop a good relationship with food:
- Quit dieting for good and adopt a healthy lifestyle instead.
- Never restrict your calories and always eat until your full and satiated.
- Prepare most of your meals from scratch. This will get you to appreciate and enjoy healthy, home cooked meals
- Never be afraid to have an occasional treat from time to time.Like I mentioned above it’s perfectly ok to have a” not so healthy” treat here and there as long as most of the time you’re eating healthy.
3.Strive to be the healthiest version of yourself
The last step to becoming health conscious is to make your health a priority by developing positive lifestyle habits that are going to enhance the quality of your life.
Ways to be the healthiest version of yourself:
- Cut out animal products (meat, fish, dairy and eggs) from your diet and adopt a plant-based vegan diet
- Eat predominantly whole foods and avoid processed foods
- Cut out white refined sugar and oils out of your diet and keep salt to a minimum
- Eat organic when possible
- Include lot’s of raw fruits and vegetables in your diet. The easiest way to do this is by drinking a green smoothie every day
- Stay hydrated
- Get out in nature every day
- Get enough quality sleep every night
- Exercise regularly
So they’re the 3 steps to becoming more health conscious. These steps will inspire and motivate you to take care of your body, which will ultimately lead to you looking and feeling your best and (most importantly) having a healthy and loving relationship with your body.
What habits have you formed that help you stay on track on your health journey? Share in the comment box below.
By the way, have you signed up for the free 7 Day Green Smoothie E-course? Click the image below to get instant access!